Welcome to my blog! I started this blog as a place to document my journey as a photographer. It's evolved over the last couple of years to include some random musings and a glimpse of what's going with me. If you have any feedback, comments or thoughts, please leave them! Just below you will find quick links to categories of my work. Enjoy!

1.25.2011

My mama...

Every year my FT job gives us the week after Christmas off from work paid and not vaca, woot woot! ;) Most of the last few years I've been fortunate enough to participate in hectic, ever more time consuming air travel to spend that week in the much sunnier state of Arizona. I can't tell you how many times during the year I think to myself, "I really wish my mom lived here. I bet she'd want to run by the mall and look at _______ (leggings? boots? anything?)" But alas, her path took her to AZ while mine has kept me rooted in the county I was born and raised in. And now that I've been to Phoenix in the month of August (back in 2007) I can say that without a doubt, I'm a Pac NW girl. If life led my husband and I down a path the ended up in a sunnier or warmer place I'm certain I could adapt. ;)


One of the skills that I am constantly working on is understanding light and how to make it do what I want. I find myself often drawn to the concept of rim lighting. My mom makes it look good. :) Isn't she stunning? Can you believe she has a daughter that's 30?


7 comments:

MrsA.Woods said...

She is beautiful!! Great shot! You have a young mom.

Allison J said...

Your mom is stunning! What a fabulous photo, the movement you caught is great, and no...you wouldn't think she had a 30 year old daughter!

You were brave to head out here to AZ in August!, hands down our roughest month though we usually get some cool monsoons to make up for the muggy heat!

Amy said...

Your mother is beautiful. You've inspired me to get my mom out in front of the camera. She would never ask me to do it but I would love to have a photo of her on her own to add to the ones I have of her with her family and friends.

Melissa said...

This is a great photo of a beautiful woman! Good for you for getting new pictures!

Kim Schmidt said...

LOVE your new branding Rebecca!!!!

And your mom is gorgeous - love the rim lighting. You totally rocked it girl!!

Desomniac said...

PNW Dub-C 4 Life!!!!! Oh yeah, nice pic too :P

Glinda said...

Gorgeous!! And love the lighting.