Welcome to my blog! I started this blog as a place to document my journey as a photographer. It's evolved over the last couple of years to include some random musings and a glimpse of what's going with me. If you have any feedback, comments or thoughts, please leave them! Just below you will find quick links to categories of my work. Enjoy!

5.25.2011

so in love | Seattle Couples Photographer

I work full time up in Seattle. (I say "up in" like it's so far... 25 miles FEELS far when you're stuck in gridlocked traffic!) I LOVE the campus where I work. There are so many little pockets where the light comes through and my brain goes, "I need to shoot there!!! Where is my camera and some people?!?" In fact, the week after shooting the following images, I found myself walking through another spot on campus and the setting was so perfect, I groaned to myself, "why didn't we come up here?!"

One of my favorite local photographers (hi Susan!) and I have chatted many times about the ideas for individual images and full sessions that just get stuck in her head and won't leave her alone until she creates them. Little did I know how much she'd rub off on me! For which I'm *so* thankful. Without her influence and guidance I wouldn't be where I am today and these images may never have been created. And THAT would have been a travesty! ;)

Meet Jill + Matt. They've been married several years now... I asked them when we were shooting, I think they're in the 9-11 year range. Hopefully they'll forgive me for being forgetful. ;) The ideas swirled around in my mind for weeks, maybe even months before they were created. I love shooting couples. Yes, it sounds weird to say I love shooting people, but with my camera I DO! I hope you all enjoy these images as much as I enjoyed creating them!

Is she not one of the most STUNNING people you've ever seen?

2 comments:

Kim Schmidt said...

GORGEOUS COUPLE!!!!! Love the off-camera flash and variety!!

Kimberly Svenson said...

These are fantastic Rebecca! Gorgeous couple.